If someday you need to create a guest cluster on Hyper-V 2012 R2 and have not hdd from a SAN with the following trick you can do it (not supported by Microsoft)
You can read in the below link, section 3, how to do too.
Connected to hyper-v 2012 R2 host we do:
- Create a folder where to save all shared disks for guest cluster (quorum, etc)
- Execute fltmc attach svhdxflt drive:
- Create all vhdx disks and save it in the path.
- Import disks in all guest cluster nodes and mark the following checkbox in everyone of them:
- Go to primary guest cluster node and create Windows cluster, etc..
Take care that every time you reboot a hyper-v node you will need to execute fltmc attach svhdxflt drive: in this node.