When you want install a Win 2003 Server over Hyper-V (win 10) and you see that network card doesn’t works, you need to remove the network card, add a Legacy network card and after use the Windows 7 drivers.
To do that go to Windows 7 machine, find C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and copy the folder dc21x4vm.inf_amd64_neutral_8887242a56ee027e or the same but with differents hexadecimal numbers.
Once done, make an iso with this folder and connect it to your virtual machine Windows 2003 and use this driver.
To enable Recycle bin feature in ADDS 2008 R2 you need to do the following steps:
- Connect to a domain controller and open Active Directory Module for Powershell.
- Execute the command: Get-ADOptionalFeature ‘recycle bin feature’.With this line you can see if Recycle bin is enabled or not if EnabledScopes is blank.
- Copy DistinguishedName showed on the executed command and execute the following command: Enable-ADOptionalFeature -identity ‘CN=Recycle Bin Feature,CN=Optional Features,CN=Directory Service,CN=Windows NT,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=YourDomainXXX,DC=XXX’ -Scope ForestOrConfigurationSet -Target ‘YourDomainXXX.XXX’
- Push Y.
Checking and ADDS 2008 R2 I saw the following error in Eventvwr:
AD Replication Monitoring : encountered a runtime error.Failed to obtain the InfrastructureMaster using a well known GUID.The error returned was: ‘Failed to get the ‘fSMORoleOwner’ attribute from the object ‘LDAP://DC1.YourDomainXXX.XXX/<WKGUID=2fbac1870ade11d297c400c04fd8d5cd,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=YourDomainXXX,DC=XXX>’.The error returned was: ‘There is no such object on the server.’ (0x80072030)’ (0x80072030)
To solve it I did the following actions:
- Open Adsi Edit and connect to Configuration Naming Context.
- Go to CN=NTDS Settings,CN=YourServerNameXXX,CN=Servers,CN=YourSiteXXX,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=YourDomainXXX,DC=XXX and right click on properties.
- Seek distinguishedName, push View button and copy all the line.
- Connect to DC=ForestDnsZone,DC=YourDomainXXX,DC=XXX and right click Properties over CN=Infrastructure.
- Seek fsMORoleOwner and push Edit.
- Erase the line and paste the line copied steps before. Push OK.
- Open a new connection to DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=YourDomainXXX,DC=XXX and repeat same steps.
Your Warnings with ID 1000 will disappear.
These days I’m checking an ADDS 2008 R2 forest. and when I did a dcdiag I saw the tipicall error in the NCSecDesc test :
* Security Permissions Check for C=ForestDnsZones,DC=domainXXX,DC=org
Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn’t have Replicating Directory Changes In Filtered Set access rights for the naming context: DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domainXXX,DC=XXX
* Security Permissions Check for DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domainXXX,DC=org
Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn’t have Replicating Directory Changes In Filtered Set access rights for the naming context: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domainXXX,DC=XXX
This error not`s important if you don’t want to implement RODC but anyway you have two options to solve it:
As Microsoft says you can follow this article to fix it:
But if you want to fix it manually you can do the following steps:
- Open Adsi Edit and Connect to the connecting point: DC=ForestDnsZoones,DC=DomainXXX,DC=XXX
- Over DC=ForestDnsZoones,DC=DomainXXX,DC=XXX right click and select Properties.
- In Security Tab push on Advanced.
- Select Enterprise Domain Controllers with Replicating Directory Changes and push Edit.
- Select Allow checkbox to Replicating Directory Changes In Filter Set and Apply to This object and all descendant objects, also select Apply these permissions to objects and/or contaniers within this container only.
- Connect to C=DomainDnsZones,DC=domainXXX,DC=XXX and do the same actions.